Community Grant Awards
The ISDSF distributes several thousand dollars each year in various amounts to applicants residing in the State of Illinois and to such projects that benefit the people of Illinois. Priority is given to proposals that have measurable improvement goals, show strong community support for the project, and are innovative in nature.
Examples of qualified oral health projects supported by ISDSF include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing access to care for low-income families, especially those with children
- Increasing access to care for the elderly residents of Illinois
- Assistance in procurement of dental supplies or dental equipment for dental providers servicing low-income areas of Illinois
- Support of oral health education programs, especially in low-income designated schools
- Support of emergency dental care for people who are disadvantaged with no access to care
To be eligible for funding consideration, all applicants must be endorsed by an ISDS component
dental society. A list of those local components may be found online
. The applicant must reside in Illinois and the project must benefit people living in
Illinois. Funds requested for equipment purchase must include two competitive pricing bids and no
funds are granted for equipment or capital improvements in government facilities. If your organization
received ISDSF Community Grant funding in the past three consecutive years, your organization is not
eligible for this year’s Community Grant. The ISDSF program requires a break of one year if an
organization has received three (3) consecutive years of funding.
Funding requested for each applicant may not exceed $10,000.
Applications must be postmarked no later than April 30th.
Community Grant Guidelines
Community Grant Application