There are numerous posters you must post if you have any employees. Contact the following agencies to secure these posters:

Illinois Department of Employment Security

217-785-5070 • www.ides.illinois.govNotice to Workers about Unemployment Insurance Benefits

Illinois Department of Labor

217-782-6206 • www.illinois.gov/idol
Notice to Employers & Employees

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

800-669-4000 • www.eeoc.gov
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Americans with Disabilities Act

Illinois Department of Public Health

217-782-4977 • www.dph.illinois.gov
Emergency Care for Choking

Illinois Workers • Compensation Commission

312/814-6611 • www.iwcc.illinois.gov
100 West Randolph, Suite 8-200Chicago, Illinois 60601
(Written request with self-addressed return envelope) Workers’ Compensation\


312/353-2220 • www.osha.gov
Job Safety & Health Protection

U.S. Department of Labor • Wage & Hour Division

(Leave message on voicemail requesting the following posters)
Employee Polygraph Protection ActYour Rights – Federal Minimum WageFamily & Medical Leave Act

Illinois Department of Employment Security

217-785-5070 • www.ides.illinois.gov
If you have any employees, you must register with one of the regional revenue offices located throughout the State.
Call the hotline number at 888-367-4382 to find the one nearest you.

Internal Revenue Service

800/829-3676 • www.irs.gov 
Request an application form, SS-4, to obtain your federal tax identification number, which is required for all businesses that have employees. The following forms are needed: Circular E Employers Tax Guide, W-2, W-4, 941 Quarterly Federal Tax Return, and 8109 Tax Deposit Coupons. You are required to withhold federal taxes, social security taxes, Medicare taxes and federal unemployment taxes from each paycheck and send the funds to the IRS by the 15th of each month. If you are self-employed, you must make Quarterly Estimated Tax deposits bases on your salary. Consult with your accountant on the proper way to fulfill this requirement.

Employee Eligibility Verification

Contact the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (800-375-5283) and request Form I-9. You are prohibited from hiring illegal aliens. You must verify that any new employee is a citizen, or national of the U.S., alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized by the Immigration Service to work in the U.S. Form I-9 will indicate what proof of eligibility is required.

Americans with Disabilities Act

This is a federal law that regulates how you treat patients and employees that have disabilities. There are guidelines on how you must design your office in order to make it handicapped accessible. Contact the American Dental Association (800-621-8099) and they will send you the information that you need in order to comply with these requirements.