Beginning Monday, March 16, all ISDS meetings, conferences and continuing education courses are cancelled for the next 60 days.
The ISDS Board of Trustees took action yesterday to keep in step with federal, state and ADA measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. The Illinois State Capitol is closed to groups, and the Sangamon County Dept of Public Health is restricting indoor gatherings to 250 or fewer. The ADA has just announced this morning the closure of headquarters and staff all working remotely.
Beginning Monday, March 16, all ISDS meetings, conferences and continuing education courses are cancelled for the next 60 days. The situation will be re-evaluated after 60 days, but the Board has not yet established that date. Please be assured that we are among the first to receive reliable information on which to base our decisions and actions.
This includes but is not limited to:
- March 27: Dental Leaders Conference
- All CE and Auxiliary Training Courses
- May 5: Access to Care Conference
- DENT-IL-PAC Board Meeting
- Downstate Society Caucus
- May 6: ISDS Capital Conference and Lobby Day
- May 7: First ADA Delegation Caucus
- Upcoming ISDS Committee Meetings (Committee chairs may rearrange as conference call or videoconference)
The Chicago Dental Society, along with all ISDS components are responsible for the cancellations of their own meetings, so please reach out to them for updates.
Please watch our website, Facebook page and broadcast emails for updates and further developments. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate this unexpected situation.