Illinois State Dental Society
Member Logo Usage Agreement
WHEREAS, the Illinois State Dental Society (“ISDS”) is an Illinois not for profit corporation formed to advance the state of dental health in Illinois, protect the public, increase the professionalism, education and training of dentists and serve both dentists and the public while achieving those common goals; and
WHEREAS, ISDS has recently celebrated its 150th anniversary; and
WHEREAS, ISDS has recently designed and adopted a new logo to celebrate its mission and the pursuit of those goals; and
WHEREAS, ISDS holds the proprietary and intellectual property rights to such logo; and
WHEREAS, ISDS wishes to make the use of such logo available to its members, under terms and conditions which allow its members to identify with ISDS but which also protect against any misuse;
Now, therefore, ISDS grants to its members a license to use the ISDS logo under the following terms and conditions, which license is automatically revoked upon failure by an otherwise eligible use of the logo to comply with such terms or conditions.
- Grant Limited to ISDS Members. The grant of this license is only to members in good standing of the Illinois State Dental Society. It may not be used by non-members, including former members whose membership has lapsed due to nonpayment of dues or who have been terminated for any other reason. This license is not available to any other individual, corporation or any other legal entity unless granted by ISDS pursuant to a written agreement between ISDS and the proposed user.
- Purpose. The sole purpose of this license is to allow members of ISDS to use the logo to identify themselves as members of ISDS. Eligible members may use the logo on professional websites, signage, stationery, brochures, business cards or other publicity or display materials. The logo may not be used by the member user for any other purpose.
- Use Only by Individual. The ISDS member logo can be used only to identify an individual, not a practice.
- Use in Entirety. The ISDS member logo must be used in its entirety and may not be altered in any way, including proportion, color (except that it may be reproduced in black), element, type, etc. It may not be animated, morphed or modified in any way that would distort the appearance of the logo.
- Logo Property of ISDS. The ISDS member logo is ISDS intellectual property. No user member has any rights in or to the logo other than those conferred by this license.
- Endorsements. The ISDS member logo may not be used by the member to indicate any kind of endorsement or any product or service by the member or to indicate that any official status for any product or service has been conferred by or is otherwise associated with ISDS, or to show any kind of relationship with ISDS aside from the individual’s membership. The member logo may not be used with any kind of endorsement by the member or for any product or service, except that using the member logo in connection with the promotion of the member’s own individual practice shall not be considered a violation of this provision. ISDS retains the right to use the logo as it sees fit.
- Misuse of Logo. The ISDS member logo may not be used in connection with any disparaging statements about ISDS or organized dentistry, or statements that otherwise reflect poorly on ISDS or organized dentistry.
- Violation of Law. The ISDS member logo may not be used on any Web site or in any other way that is in violation of any applicable laws or governmental regulations.
- Future Rights of ISDS. ISDS reserves the right to disallow any use of the ISDS member logo.
Any unauthorized use of the ISDS member logo shall result in the automatic revocation of this license and may lead to any other action that ISDS may deem appropriate under the circumstances.