To view the most recent ISDS Foundation brochure, click here.
We are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) charity. Our mission is to improve the oral health of children, families, and individuals throughout the state by supporting initiatives that expand access to care and increase dental health education and awareness. Additionally, the ISDS Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the dental profession through special programs and services benefiting Illinois dental students and dentists. No state or federal funding is received. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
As a philanthropic and charitable organization, the ISDS Foundation enhances the health of Illinois families by securing contributions and providing grants for community programs designed to expand access to oral healthcare and promote dental education.
- Mission of Mercy - Provide direct dental treatment to disadvantaged persons free of charge in a 2-day clinic manned by hundreds of dental volunteers.
- Dental Health Education - Provide widespread dental health education opportunities to the public regarding prevention and treatment of dental disease.
- Community Grant Awards - Support local community dental health projects through the annual ISDS Foundation grant program.
- Scholarships - Provide dental education opportunities to Illinois dental students through scholarships and student-oriented educational programs.
- Dental Student Table Clinics - Recognize research projects of Illinois’ dental students through clinic awards.
- Dentists Support Program - Provide specific assistance for dentists struggling with addiction and substance abuse.
- Relief Fund - Administer the ISDS/ADA Relief Fund for needy Illinois dentists and their families who have suffered financial setbacks.
The Foundation’s activities are supported solely by tax-deductible contributions from people just like you, dentists and friends of dentistry. All revenues raised remain in Illinois, and all members are invited and encouraged to support these and other worthy Foundation programs by making a donation at any level. The Foundation’s prestigious Benefactor Program has been tremendously successful and welcomes those pledging $1,000 or more. Benefactor contributions may be given by an individual, component, branch, or corporation.
For information how your donation can enhance the profession today and ensure an even stronger future for these and other excellent dental programs, contact Grace Norris at the ISDS Foundation offices, (217) 753-1190 ext. 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.